Creating a Safe and Covid-19 Secure Workplace
We are operating our normal hours and we are still providing a full service and accepting new customers. The health and safety of our colleagues and customers remains our priority and we are advising our customers where possible to minimize visits and observe social distancing. We continue to follow the guidelines recommended by the National Health Service (NHS), Public Health England (PHE) and World Health Organization (WHO) with regards to the coronavirus. Our store is equipped with hand washing facilities and we encourage customers to use these when visiting, specifically washing their hands using soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
We have increased cleaning and disinfection routines, especially in the most commonly touched in communal areas i.e. door handles, trolleys, toilet flushes, reception desks, etc. If you are experiencing any of the Coronavirus symptoms, please follow the Government guidelines, self-isolate and do not visit our site. We will continue to do our utmost to serve our customers with the best standards possible throughout this period. Stay Alert Stay Safe!
Supporting our Customers:
Our team has taken the necessary steps and has reviewed our customer journey and the way we operate certain tasks to ensure our store is COVID secure. Please see below an outline of the steps we have taken for our store.
• We have placed signage on all entrance, exits and around our store to help everyone maintain a 2m distance and provide information to maintain hygiene standards.
• There is signage on all entry and exit points asking them to wait until a member staff instructs it is safe to enter.
• The signage on all entry points is to remind customers that it is mandatory to wear face masks/coverings when entering our store.
• At present customers are not required to sign themselves in when visiting. Customers will need to notify a team member when arriving and leaving the premises.
• We have an enhanced cleaning schedule for the use of all equipment within our store such as, trolleys, cages, door handles and work surfaces.
• Hand santisier provided around our store for customers to use aswell as extra hand washing facilities.
• Perspex screens have been installed in the reception area along with signage.
• We accept parcels and deliveries on behalf of our customers, we now no longer sign for these and are left at our designated drop off point and are collected from our designated collection point.
• Our click & collect shop is now available online for customers to help reduce traffic through our store.
• Our Fork lifting service is available Monday-Friday with a designated operator on site.
• EV charging facilities are operating as normal with extra cleaning procedures in place and hand sanitiser provided.
Supporting our Team Members:
Our team are not able to work from home due to our facility being an essential service site. However we have made sure there is adequate PPE such as gloves, sanitiser, visors and masks supplied to keep them in a covid secure environment.
• We have removed chairs from our reception area limiting the number of staff working closely together.
• Perspex screen fitted at the reception desk.
• An Enhanced cleaning procedure has been introduced for equipment at work stations, kitchen, and toilet areas to be cleaned throughout our working day.
• Limited the number of team members permitted in common areas such as kitchen and staff room.
• Team members are encouraged to not travel together i.e. car share or use public transport where possible.
• Our click & collect shop is now available online to help reduce traffic in our store for our team members.